Are you dissatisfied with the way your computer works at a snail’s pace?Do you have trouble running several programs at a time in a multitasking Operating System like Windows?
Does it take ages for your computer to run programs?Can you take a coffee break while your computer opens an icon that you double-clicked?Do games and other resource-intensive programs frequently crash on your computer?If your answer to all these questions is a YES,then you need to think about upgrading your computer.
Upgrading your computer is not a joke,as random upgrades can be quite expensive.A processor upgrade frequently involves upgrading several other components to keep in pace with changes in technology and could be one of the most expensive options.Upgrading other components like graphics card or sound card alone is also not the optimal solution as performance improvement is limited to these areas alone.
Here are some reasons why it makes sense to upgrade the memory in your computer:
1. Cost-Performance Benefit – The upgrade cost versus performance boost ratio is greatest for a memory upgrade as compared to other component upgrades.
2. Programs Run Faster – The availability of RAM can speed up programs and save significant time hitherto wasted while waiting for a response from the computer.
3. Better Multitasking – Multitasking environments like Windows rely heavily on memory to function and increasing memory can provide better performance especially with concurrently running programs.
4. Enhanced Entertainment – Gaming and streaming media applications can benefit tremendously in both performance and speed by a memory upgrade.
5. Advanced Hardware and Software – With increase in memory capacity by upgrading, newer hardware and software components that went hitherto unused due to less memory can now be used.
6. Delay Costlier Upgrades – Memory upgrades to improve performance can defer other upgrades like processor upgrade that necessitate greater expense through a major revamp of the computer.
7. Improvement in Data Access Speed – Greater amount of RAM can improve the speed at which the processor does data access and significantly increase the speed of execution.
by Pinky Maniri